Prep Time: ~ 20 minutes
Total Time: ~ 60 minutes
2 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
• Cube chicken breast. S alt and pepper to taste. Set aside
1 T. butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
3-4 stalks celery, chopped
3-4 carrots, peeled & chopped
• Melt butter in large pot. Sauté veggies until onion is clear and carrots slightly soft.
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 pinches thyme
(The spices are minimums. Add more to taste. This includes salt and pepper.)
• Add spices to sautéed veggies.
• Add chicken cubes and stir until slightly cooked (it will continue cooking in the broth).
8 -9 C. chicken broth (use two 32 oz. cartons or 5 cans)
• Add broth.
• Bring to boil, then cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3 C. egg noodles
• Cook the egg noodles in a separate pot according to package directions. Rinse and drain.
• Add noodles to pot of chicken and veggies and heat through (about 10 minutes).
Recipe contributed by Lauren Scotto